We all love giving treats to our loved ones on Valentines Day, but were you aware that some gifts we give each other could actually be very harmful to our pets?
If you are buying flowers for your loved one PLEASE ensure there are NO lilies in the bouquet – they are incredibly toxic to cats. The water is poisonous too if drunk by your cats.
Please make sure all your cat-owning friends are aware of this if they receive any lilies. For further information see: icatcare.org/cat-campaigns/lily-toxicity
Xylitol is an artificial sweetener that is used in chewing gum and many cooking and baking products nowadays as well as in sweet treats.
It makes the food taste better to us, but is very toxic to your pet, so a rule of thumb is do not feed your pet any of the sweet treats you may have received this Valentine’s Day!
Spring has sprung which can mean an increase in the number of emergencies we see, so be aware of these dangers in springtime….
Many of us are looking forward to hopefully being able to travel again in 2021; however Brexit has meant some changes…
The firework season can be a scary time for your pets